Monday, May 30, 2016

May 31, 2016 - WISE CHOICE


Day 152 - 1 Kings Tuesday (chapters 1-4)

And God said, “Ask what I shall give you.”.... “Give your servant an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern your great people?”.... “Behold I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you. I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor...” (1 Kings 3:5, 9, 12-13)   ESV)

“In return for Solomon’s selfless request for wisdom, God blesses him, not only with wisdom, but also with riches and honor. May we, like Solomon, recognize that we do not deserve the wonderful opportunities God gives us. Because of our human limitations, we are unable to perfectly fulfill the challenges we face. Yet, in Christ, we have forgiveness, we are a new creation and can do all things through Him who gives us strength and wisdom.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 537)

Lord God, heavenly Father, like Solomon, I ask that You grant me wisdom so that I may serve You to the best of my ability. Above all, grant me the wisdom to remember how much I need Jesus and His priceless gift of forgiveness. Amen.

Live wisely for Jesus today!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment