Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 13, 2016 - GOD’S PROMISE


Day 134 - Jeremiah Friday (chapters 32-36)

“I will make with them an everlasting covenant.” (Jeremiah 32:40 ESV)

“As certainly as day follows night, so will God keep His promise that a Davidic King will rule over His people and that a High Priest shall intercede for them. 

In Jesus, the Lord sent a faithful King to rule over all His people and a High Priest to intercede. 

Entrust your cares to Him through prayer.

His all-availing sacrifice and His compassionate rule will bless and keep you.” (The Lutheran Study Bible, CPH 2009, page 1263)

“And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.”  (Jeremiah 32:38 ESV) 

These words remind us of our baptisms when God, in effect, made this promise to you: “I will be your God, and you will be My child. And I will walk with you everyday of your life, right up to your best day when I walk you right up to heaven.”

Thank You, Lord, for my baptism and Your promise to make me Your child and to walk with me for the rest of my life. Keep me faithful and obedient.  Amen. 

Celebrate God’s covenant with you today! 

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

1 comment: