Thursday, July 15, 2021

Friday, July 16, 2021 - ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ACCEPTABLE?



Day 197 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 19-21; Acts 19:21-41)

ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ACCEPTABLE? 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be acceptable in your sight,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 ESV) 

Can people see that you are a follower of Jesus by the words you choose to utter? Do you say things that warn, encourage and strengthen others, as well as glorify God? What do you think God thinks of your words? 

And here is a tougher question. Do the things you think about, and perhaps meditate on, glorify God? Remember, He knows everything. What do you think God thinks about what you think about? 

More questions... Would you want God to be at your side when you carry out your daily activities? Does everything you think, do and say match up with His commandments? 

Remember, God gave us His commandments to protect you, to guide you, and to show you how much you need your Savior, Jesus. 

Lord Jesus, thank You for being my Rock and my Redeemer. May the Holy Spirit guide and direct my speaking, my thinking and my doing, so that I may glorify You and point others to You with every waking moment of my life. And please have mercy on me and forgive me when I fail You in any way. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment