Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Thursday, July 8, 2021 - WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE



Day 189 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Job 38,39; Acts 15:1-21

WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me. Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.” (Job 38:1-4 ESV)

Job is showing the strain of losing everything, including the gift of good health. His extreme physical and emotional pain leads to doubt. Then the Lord questions him. “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?”

The key to the Christian’s life is faith and not knowledge. Job’s message to us today is to remain faithful to the Lord NO MATTER WHAT our circumstances may be. 

1. In God, my faithful God,
I trust when dark my road;
Great woes may overtake me,
Yet He will not forsake me.
My troubles He can alter;
His hand lets nothing falter.

2. My sins fill me with care,
Yet I will not despair.
I build on Christ, who loves me;
From this rock nothing moves me.
To Him I will surrender,
To Him, my soul's defender.

3. If death my portion be,
It brings great gain to me;
It speeds my life's endeavor
To live with Christ forever.
He gives me joy in sorrow,
Come death now or tomorrow.

4. O Jesus Christ, my Lord,
So meek in deed and word,
You suffered death to save us
Because Your love would have us
Be heirs of heav'nly gladness
When ends this life of sadness.

5. "So be it," then, I say
With all my heart each day.
Dear Lord, we all adore You,
We sing for joy before You.
Guide us while here we wander
Until we praise You yonder.
(In God, My Faithful GodLuther Service Book, #745)

Heavenly Father, help me to rely on You and not on my knowledge. Please keep me faithful not matter may happen in my life. I ask this in Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment