Sunday, July 11, 2021

Monday, July 12, 2021 - OUR MAJESTIC LORD CARES FOR US



Day 193 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 7-9; Acts 17:1-15)

OUR MAJESTIC LORD CARES FOR US

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens...  When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor... O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! (Psalm 9  ESV)

It is so overwhelming to know that the Creator of the universe remembers us and cares for us. The greatest example of the Lord’s majestic activity in our lives is His mercy and grace showered upon us from the cross. We are redeemed, forgiven and heaven-bound because we Jesus came to save us

May we vigorously share this good news whenever we can and wherever we may be!

1. O Lord my God, when I in awe-some wonder  
Consider all the works Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder, 
Thy power throughout the universe displayed;
REFRAIN:
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee, 
How Great Thou art!  How Great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee, 
How Great Thou art!  How Great Thou art!
2. When through the woods and forest glades I wander, 
I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur 
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze;
REFRAIN:

3. But when I think that God, His Son not sparing,  
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing  
He bled and died to take away my sin:
REFRAIN

4. When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation  
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration  
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
REFRAIN
(“How Great Thou Art,” Lutheran Service Book #801)

Almighty and majestic Lord of all that is, thank You for saving me from damnation. May I spend the rest of days praising and sharing Your name in my daily life so that many others may come to worship You too. Amen.
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment