Monday, July 5, 2021

Tuesday, July 6, 2021 -



Day 187 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Job 33,34; Acts 13:24-52)

PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT JESUS

The next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. (Acts 13:44 ESV)
 
God sent Paul and Barnabas to Antioch, and great things happened. People then where like people today. They wanted to hear the good news that there is hope for sinners. The Gospel message of Jesus’ cross providing the gift of forgiveness was heavenly music to their ears. At the same time, the enemies of the Gospel were working to dissuade them. The same is happening today. We need to remember how the disciples responded to the option of leaving Jesus: 

“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”(John 6 68 ESV)

1. Let me learn of Jesus, 
He is kind to me;
Once He died to save me, 
Nailed upon a tree.

2. When I go to Jesus, 
He will hear me pray,
Make me pure an holy, 
Take my sin away.

3. Let me think of Jesus, 
He is full of love,
Looking down upon me, 
From His throne above.

4. Oh, how good is Jesus, 
May He hold my hand
And at last receive me 
To a better land.
(Let Me Learn of Jesus, All God’s People Sing, CPH #156)

Heavenly Father, thank You for the weekly opportunity I have to hear the good news of all that Jesus has done for my salvation. May the places where Your Word is taught in its truth and purity be filled with eager hearers. And, Lord, please open my eyes for opportunities to talk to someone about Jesus today.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment