Friday, July 23, 2021

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - THIRSTING FOR GOD



Day 205 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 41-43; Acts 24)

THIRSTING FOR GOD
 
As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  (Psalm 42:1-2 ESV)  
  
What a wonderful gift God gave David! The repentant and forgiven sinner was given a deep desire to be as close to His Savior as possible. 
Do you have a deep desire to be as close as possible to God? 

● Read and meditate on His Word. 

● Worship Him faithfully each week. 

● Remember that God loves you with a love than never ends.

This is precisely what David is getting at in Psalm 63:

1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
    as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
    beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
    my lips will praise you.

Lord, thank You for my salvation. Like David, may I thirst for Your presence in my life. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment