Thursday, July 22, 2021

Friday, July 23, 2021 - DAVID’S PRAYER ANSWERED



Day 204 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 38-40; Acts 23:12-35 )

DAVID’S PRAYER ANSWERED
 
Do not forsake me, O Lord! O my God, be not far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation! (Psalm 38:21-22 ESV)  
In the Acts 23:12-35 reading for today, we see how God answered David’s prayer for the apostle Paul.

Paul’s nephew reports a plot to kidnap Paul, and the tribune hustles him safely out of town.

The Lord will not forsake you either. He has a plan for your life too. 

1. O God, forsake me not! 
    Your gracious presence lend me; 
    Lord, lead Your helpless child;
    Your Holy Spirit send me
    That I my course may run.
    O be my light, my lot, 
    My staff, my rock, my shield--
    O God, forsake me not!

2. O God, forsake me not!
    Take not Your Spirit from me;
    Do not permit the might
    Of sin to overcome me.
    Increase my feeble faith,
    Which You alone have wrought.
    O be my strength and pow'r--
    O God, forsake me not!

3. O God, forsake me not!
    Lord, hear my supplication! 
    In ev'ry evil hour 
    Help me resist temptation;
    And when the prince of hell
    My conscience seeks to blot,
    Be then not far from me--
    O God, forsake me not!

4. O God, forsake me not!
    Lord, I am Yours forever.
    O keep me strong in faith
    That I may leave You never.
    Grant me a blessed end
    When my good fight is fought;
    Help me in life and death--
    O God, forsake me not!
    (“O God, Forsake Me Not,” Lutheran Service Book #731)

Lord, please do not forsake me. Help me to stay close to You today through faith in Jesus. In His saving name.  Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment