Saturday, July 17, 2021

Sunday, July 18, 2021 - WHOM SHALL I FEAR?



Day 199 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 25-27; Acts 20:17-38)

WHOM SHALL I FEAR?

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1 ESV) 

You check the latest news and discover that, once again, it is not good. There is so much going on that could make us fearful about the future. Where will terrorists strike next time? What will the doctor say? Will I loose my job of keep it? 

King David was not a stranger to fearful times. Yet he knew that the only answer for security and peace is the Lord. God shines the light of His love and His gift of salvation into the lives of His people. The Lord is our stronghold, our defense, and the One who drives all fear away.

Surely, it is God who saves me;
I will trust in him and not be afraid.
For the Lord is my stronghold
and my sure defense,
and he will be my Savior.
(“The First Song of Isaiah,” 1982)

Link to Youtube recording of "The First Song of Isaiah"

Lord, thank You for showing us the way of salvation in Jesus, my Savior. While world and national events may be fearful, assure me of Your presence and Your peace. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment