Monday, July 26, 2021

Tuesday, July 27, 2021 - THE HEART OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH



Day 208 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 50-52; Acts 27:1-25)
THE HEART OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
    and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:10-12 ESV) 

The heart of the Christian faith is the gift of complete forgiveness showered freely upon all who repent and see God’s mercy.

John writes of God’s merciful promise this way: 

“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9 ESV) This cleansing means that we are guaranteed eternal life in heaven.

On Sunday morning, right after you confess your sins, you hear these soul-freeing words spoken on God’s behalf by your pastor:

Upon this your confession, I, as a called and ordained servant of the Word, announce the grace of God unto you, and in the stead and by the command of my Lord Jesus Christ, I forgive you all your sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. 

Thank You, Lord, for hearing my cry for mercy and for seeing my sincere confession. Your complete forgiveness of all of my sins is the greatest gift You could ever give. Please use me to share this treasure with others. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment