Sunday, July 25, 2021

Monday, July 26, 2021 - CONVINCED



Day 207 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 47-49; Acts 26)

CONVINCED
 
And as he was saying these things in his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are out of your mind; your great learning is driving you out of your mind.” But Paul said, “I am not out of my mind, most excellent Festus, but I am speaking true and rational words.  (Acts 26:24-25 ESV)  

Paul has just told Governor Festus and King Agrippa “that the Christ must suffer and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles.” To which Festus replies, “Paul, you are out of your mind.”

There are those today who still call us Christians “crazy.” We are not out of our minds. We know the truth of new life in Jesus for all who repent and believe. We are not crazy. We are convinced, just like Paul:

“But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.” (2 Timothy 1:12 ESV)

Lord, please give me the courage to boldly proclaim the truth of the Gospel. May my life show that I am convinced of Your salvation for all who repent and believe. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment